All McGees’ offices have a strong affinity to the valuation process with a number of the national offices originally established as valuation firms. Our valuation teams are highly skilled and not only have an exceptional understanding of their own market, but also of the national market as they regularly work collaboratively with their interstate colleagues.
Our valuation teams undertake comprehensive valuations, appraisals and conduct due-diligence assessments for an expansive range of private and public sector clients. Our instructions include:
- Valuation of commercial, industrial, retail and tourism properties or land for the purpose of sale or lease;
- Property portfolio asset valuation and investment advice for accounting and financial reports;
- Regular revaluation of existing properties for corporate balance sheets;
- Conduct of objections and appeals to rating and taxing valuations;
- Compensation valuation for resumption and litigation;
- Valuation for project development;
- Rental assessment and rent reviews;
- Independent rental determinations required under lease provisions;
- Valuation advice in respect of legal documentation for such purpose as marketing and the formation of long term ground leases, buy back options and delayed settlements for contract of sale;
- Valuation of residential including prestige properties; and
- Determination and arbitration roles in real and leasehold property.
Our comprehensive reports contain, where necessary, financial computations and market research, coupled with logical reasoning to support the assessment.